I have been making face masks for family and friends since the start of the Coronavirus outbreak and am now offering my washable fabric masks for sale in a range of colours and patterns. With superior comfort and fit and over 30 lovely fabrics to choose from the masks are an attractive option for those essential shopping trips and when using public transport. My latest addition to the range is the 'May Manor' design by Liberty of London in an indigo print. This distinctive 'Arts & Crafts' inspired design is printed on super soft Liberty Tana Lawn cotton and is hand sewn with care and attention and those little details that ensure a perfect fit:
- adjustable ear loops to ensure good fit
- pliable nose bridge sewn into fabric for comfortable fit over nose
- high quality fabrics and tailored construction for close fit on face
- made using 3 layers of cotton fabric for good filtration
- eco friendly - washable and re-useable (see care and use of face masks)
- good looking and comfortable to wear
My face masks are made using 3 layers of fabric with an inner and outer layer of the highest quality 100% cotton or linen fabric and an inside layer of 100% cotton jersey. There is an integrated pliable aluminium nose bridge which allows for a contoured and snug fit and the two elastic ear loops are adjustable in length to achieve a comfortable fit. The masks are hand sewn and tailored to ensure a close fit.
These are not medical grade masks and do not guarantee protection against Coronavirus but if used correctly they may help you to avoid touching your face when in public places and also help to protect others from you when you cough or sneeze (see info section for more details).
Size - regular adult (adjustable ear loops help accomodate some size variations)
Design - Liberty 'May Manor' - indigo / plain cotton inner
Material - 100% cotton
Due to the nature and use of this item returns are only possible at our discretion but please contact me if you are not happy with any aspect of your mask - I will use your comments to improve the design.
Fabric Face Mask - Liberty May Manor / Indigo
Notes on wearing and washing of face masks:
- face masks should be worn for short periods only when in crowded areas or inside spaces and only worn once before washing
- ensure that the mask is adjusted to provide a comfortable fit using the adjustable elastic fitting and integral formable nose bridge.
- when removing the mask unhook the elastic ear loops and avoid touching the fabric and place into a small bag for safe storage until washing - avoid touching your face and clean hands immediately with alchohol based hand sanitiser or soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds.
- hand wash the mask in hot water with an anti viral / bacterial additive like Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser. Remove excess water, pull to shape and dry flat. Do not tumble dry.
- these mask are not medical grade and have not been tested for protection against viral or bacterial infection
- if used correctly a non-surgical mask can help you to avoid spreading infection when you cough or sneeze in a public place and should help you to avoid touching your own face
- follow government guidlines - wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds / If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times / wear a mask in inside spaces and on public transport. Check for latest government information:
- remove and wash clothes you have worn in public or in spaces with high risk of infection.